Best of San Antonio advertising recognized at 2018 American Advertising Awards
The San Antonio chapter of the American Advertising Federation (AAF) held its 2018 American Advertising Awards at the historic Sheraton Gunter Hotel on Saturday, March 3, 2018. Judges from across the United States awarded 66 trophies to 16 local companies and advertising agencies that demonstrated the best local creative of 2017.
Here are a few of this year’s winners:
- Best of Show: GDC Marketing and Ideation, Witte Museum grand re-opening – Integrated consumer advertising campaign
- Special Judge’s Award: Tribu, Trio Modern Mediterranean – Website
- Tribu won a total of 14 awards.
- Best of Category – Broadcast: H-E-B – Brand campaign
- H-E-B won a total of ten awards.
- Best of Category – Digital: ArchPoint Group, Farmers Market Pet Food – Digital campaign
- ArchPoint won a total of six awards.
- Best of Category – Print: Espresso, Kaspar Quarterly – Energy
- Espresso won a total of five awards.
- Mosaic Award for Multicultural Excellence: Machete Design Film, Exquisita Tortillas – Social media campaign
- Machete won a total of four awards.
The list of multiple award winners also includes Anderson Marketing Group, The Atkins Group, Geomedia, KGBTexas, and Spurs Sports and Entertainment, who also took home a Special Judge’s Award.
Companies winning at least one award included Backyard Studios, Chamoy Creative, Genaro Design, University Health System, and Mindful Marketing, who also took home a Special Judge’s Award.
Student advertising awards were also given to students from the University of the Incarnate Word, Texas State University, and San Antonio College.